- 6 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil – I used coconut oil, but any oil is fine
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 small jalapeño, minced
- 1 cup mexican blend cheese
- For Garnish:
- Salsa/Pico de Gallo
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions, thinly sliced, green parts only
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add tortilla strips and onions. Cook until the tortilla strips are crispy and the onions are starting to brown lightly. Keep stirring the tortilla mixture so it crisps evenly.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs and stir in the jalapeño. Pour the egg mixture over the tortilla mixture in the skillet. Reduce heat to low and cover. Continue cooking over low heat until the eggs are set, about 5 minutes. Remove lid and sprinkle the cheese over the eggs. Cover again and let the cheese melt. Cut into 8 wedges to serve. Top with salsa, sour cream and green onions.
Keywords: eggs, cheese, jalapeños, corn tortillas, onion, breakfast