- 2 cups, cooked jasmine rice
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Juice of 2 fresh limes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 1/2 teaspoon water
- 4 – 4 ounce salmon fillets
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 400°F. Cook rice as directed on package. In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic and pepper flakes until garlic is lightly golden, 1 minute.
- Add syrup, juice and soy sauce; cook until bubbling, 3 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture into garlic glaze. Cook until slightly thick, 1 minute. Remove 4 teaspoons of glaze to a small bowl.
- Place fillets on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spread 1 teaspoon glaze form the small bowl over each fillet. Do not dip into the remaining glaze with a spoon used for the raw salmon. If you need more glaze pour from remaining glaze into the small bowl. You do not want to contaminate the remaining glaze as you will need it later.
- Roast salmon until just cooked through, 12 minutes.
- Spray a medium skillet, with non stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add 1/2 spinach; sauté until just wilted. Remove from pan; set aside. Repeat with remaining spinach.
- Divide spinach among 4 bowls; top each with 1/4 rice and place salmon fillet, on top of rice. Drizzle with remaining sauce; sprinkle each with green onions and 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds.