- 2 fennel bulbs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon each fresh basil, parsley, thyme and fennel fronds
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Parmesan shavings
- Cut the tops from the fennel reserving the fronds. Removing and hard or inedible outer parts.
- Trim a tiny bit off the bottom, keeping the core intact.
- Slice the fennel into thick slices.
- Drizzle each side with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Place slices on a medium hot grill turning until you get a nice grill marks and fennel is tender to the touch.
- Whisk together the lemon, olive oil, herbs and zest adding salt and pepper to taste, then drizzle all over.
- Garnish with the shavings of Parmesan cheese.
Keywords: fennel, herbs, grill, salad, parmesan cheese