- 4 slices of a nice deli style seeded rye bread, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery (3 ribs)
- 1/2 pound thickly sliced smoked ham, cut into cubes
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup red onion diced small
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Place cubed bread on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray ( I use coconut oil spray). Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once, until lightly toasted. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard with the Miracle Whip and vinegar. Gradually whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil and season with pepper and set aside.
- In a small bowl place diced red onion and cold water to cover. Allow the red onion to set for about 15 minutes. ( this will take the bite out of the onion), then drain.
- In a large bowl place celery, ham, cheese, drained red onion and the rye bread croutons. Top with reserved mustard dressing and toss to coat and serve.