- ◦ 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ◦ 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ◦ 1 lime, juiced and zested
- ◦ 1 tablespoon honey
- ◦ 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil, melted
- ◦ 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ◦ 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- ◦ 1 (14.5 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ◦ 1 cup Kung pao stir fry sauce ( see recipe below) or use bottled
- ◦ 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- ◦ 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ◦ 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ◦ 1 small bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- ◦ cilantro
- ◦ Cashews
- Brown rice, for serving.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Add the chickpeas to the marinade, and stir well to coat.
- Allow chickpeas to marinate for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium heat, add the coconut oil, the marinated chickpeas and the remaining ingredients for the chickpeas.
- Sauté for about 8 to 10 minutes, until the chickpeas begin to caramelize and brown slightly.
- Remove from the heat, and allow the chickpeas to cool slightly.
- Serve the warm chickpeas over brown rice, and garnish with cilantro, cashews and green onions.
Keywords: chickpeas, rice, kung pao sauce, stir fry, dinner, lunch