- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 dried red peppers, seeds removed, cut into ¼ inch length
- 2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoon wine (I used Merlot)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Mash garlic and dried hot peppers together.
- Mix together soy sauce, water, honey, wine, rice wine vinegar, cornstarch and sesame oil in a bowl .Place the cornstarch in first it will mix easier and you will not have lumps.
- In a small saucepan melt coconut oil over medium heat.Cook pepper-garlic paste in the wok and until fragrant. Careful not to let the garlic get brown it will be bitter.
- Add the wet mixture to the garlic and cook until it thickens.
- Refrigerate the sauce up to 4 days.
Adjust the peppers to add more spice.