Lemony Pepper Chicken on grilled ciabatta.
- 3/4 pound chicken tenders
- 1 recipe Lemon Pepper Marinade (on this site)
- 1/2 large onion sliced
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 loaf ciabatta bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup mixed green
- Balsamic Drizzle
- Place chicken in a plastic bag and cover with marinade. Marinade at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard the marinade. Heat a grill pan sprayed with a nonstick spray over medium high heat. Cook chicken tenders until cooked completely through. Place cooked chicken on a plate and set aside. In the same pan cook the onions until golden and caramelized. Move to the side with the chicken.
- Clean the grill pan.
- To assemble the panini, cut the ciabatta loaf in half. Spread goat cheese on the bottom half of the bread. Top with the chicken and the grilled onions. Replace the top. Spread the butter on the top and bottom outside of the ciabatta bread. Heat the grill pan over medium heat. Place the sandwich on heated grill pan and grill on both sides until lightly browned and the bread has nice grill marks.
- Place grilled panini on cutting board. Lift the top of the sandwich off and place the mixed green on the sandwich followed by a drizzle of the Balsamic Drizzle. Replace the top of the panini and cut into four pieces. Serve with your favorite chips or a pasta salad.
If you do not have a grill pan you can use a skillet.