- 2 – 6 ounce filet mignon
- Steak Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4–5 cremini mushrooms quartered
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 shallot sliced
- 1/2 cup merlot
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 t honey
- 1 t fresh thyme
- Season filets with your favorite steak seasoning or salt and pepper. Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes. Sear filets on all side. It will take about 2 minutes per side to get a nice sear. Place cast iron skillet in 400* oven for 8-12 minutes depending on your desired doneness.
- Remove steaks from oven and place on a warmed plate and cover with foil to let rest.
- In the same cast iron skillet, melt coconut oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and shallots. Cook, stirring frequently until mushrooms are starting to caramelize.
- Add merlot to deglaze the pan stirring to release all the brown bits from the skillet. Add vinegar and honey and reduce until syrupy about 5 minutes. Stir in thyme.
- Place steak on serving plate and spoon mushrooms over dividing between steaks.
Keywords: cast iron skillet, filet mignon, merlot, mushroom, steak, dinner