- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup beer ( I used Guinness )
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- 1–1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, pounded lightly
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- 2 cups mesquite chips, soaked in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the garlic, honey, beer red pepper flakes, mustard, soy sauce and garlic pepper. Add the chicken tenders, refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water for about 30 minutes prior to grilling. This keeps skewers from burning.
- Remove the chicken tenders from marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Thread the chicken through wooden skewers in a zig zag pattern. I put two pieces on each skewer.
- In a small pan over medium high heat, add marinade and boil, reduce marinade to a thick syrupy consistency. Remove form heat and add green onions. Set aside.
- Prepare grill to medium high. If using charcoal, place drained mesquite chips over coals, if using a gas grill place chips in a smoker box or on a piece of tin foil and place in grill. Close grill for a few minutes to let it get smokey.
- Spray prepared chicken with non stick cooking spray. Place chicken on grill. Grill each side for about 2 minutes. Brush with reserved marinade and turn every 2-4 minutes until cooked through, about 10 minutes total. Watch carefully as they will burn easily. Remove from
- Sprinkle with parsley for garnish.