- 2½ cups cooked gluten free brown rice
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons coconut or olive oil
- 1 – 12 ounce bag Mexican mix veggies(Zesty Corn & Black Bean Blend)
- 1 – 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut, stemmed and seeded, reserving tops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 X 9 inch baking pan with non stick spray.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add garlic, Mexican veggie mix, tomatoes, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt & pepper, cook until heated through.
- Mix in cooked rice and cheese.
- Spoon the filling into each each bell pepper cavity. Place on prepared baking dish, cavity side up, place reserved tops over filling and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This dish is meatless and gluten free.
Keywords: vegetarian, sweet peppers, gluten free brown rice, tomatoes, cheese