- 1/2 – 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm puff-pastry sheets,thawed
- Heat oven to 400*
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoon of sugar on your work surface. Unfold pastry working with one sheet at a time, keeping the other sheet cover to prevent it from drying out.
- Place unfold sheet on the sugar. Roll it to an even thickness. Sprinkle it with 2-3 tablespoons of the sugar, pressing into the dough slightly.
- Starting at one long side of the rectangle, roll the pastry toward the center of the sheet, stopping at the middle. Repeat with the opposite long side, so the rolls meet. Trim the ends.
- Cut the roll into equal pieces. I find that dividing the roll in half, then the halves in half and half again is the easier way to have all even slices.Place slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing them 1 inch apart. I flattened my slightly before sprinkling with more of the sugar.
- Bake until golden and puffed, 20 to 23 minutes. Remove from oven and flip palmers over. They should have a nice caramelized bottom. Let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. They can be served warm or at room temperature.
Keywords: puff pastry, make ahead, easy, 2 ingredient, cookie