- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter ( very cold……even frozen )
- 1/2 cup clementine section, chopped
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 egg
- Zest of one clementine
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Grate butter ( or cut into small pieces) using large wholes on a box grater.
- Work butter into dry ingredients with hands until mixture is the size of small peas.
- Stir in clementine pieces.
- Whisk half and half, egg, zest, and orange extract until well blended.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients. Mix until just blended.
- Dump mixture onto well floured surface. For into an 8 inch circle.
- Cut into 8 wedge pieces.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet about an inch apart. If desired brush with egg was (1egg beaten with 2 tablespoons water) and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until , golden and fully baked. Scones will be firm to the touch.
Keywords: orange, scone, bake, breakfast, brunch