- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound frozen peas (do not thaw)
- 1/2 small red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 ounces bacon (about 4 slices), chopped
- 2 ounces aged white cheddar, shaved or coarsely grated
- Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, and vinegar in a large bowl; season generously with salt and pepper. Fold in peas, onion, and parsley. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and fat is rendered, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain and crisp.
- Let salad stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Gently fold in cheddar and bacon just before serving.