- 3 large ripe peaches, pitted and 2 cut into 8 slices and the remaining peach diced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 Tbl. butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 white cake mix
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine the brown sugar and melted butter in a small sauce pan to dissolve the sugar.
- Coat a non-stick bundt pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle almond in the bottom of the prepared bundt pan.
- Drizzle the brown sugar/butter mixture over almonds.
- Lay the peach slices in depressions on the bottom of the pan.
- Place cake mix in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add the egg whites, sour cream, water and oil.
- Starting on low speed and gradually increasing the speed. Mix for about 2-3 minutes into a thick fluffy consistency.Fold in the diced peaches.
- Pour batter carefully over peaches in the bundt pan. Place the pan on a cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 oven about 50 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Place on cooling rack for about 20-30 minutes. Gently dislodge around the perimeter of the cake using a knife or spatula. Place a cake plate on top and flip the cake out.
- If the peaches or any of the almonds ‘stick’ simply remove from the bottom of the pan and place atop the cake where they came out of.
- This cake keeps well for several days when refrigerated.