- 1–12 ounce package Jumbo Beef Franks (4pack)
- 4 slices, thick cut applewood smoked bacon, diced
- 1 large onion halved and sliced thinly
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 hot dog buns, toasted
- Maple Syrup for drizzle
- Place diced bacon in a small skillet and cook until crisp. Remove to paper toweling to drain and set aside.
- Leave about 1 teaspoon of bacon dripping in the skillet, save the extra for another use or discard. Cook onions in skillet until translucent and just beginning to brown.
- Cook hot dog as desired. I microwaved mine but grilling or boiling is fine also.
- To assemble the dogs, smear 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on hot dog bun, be sure to have peanut butter on both halves of the bun.
- Place the hot dog in peanut butter smeared bun.
- Top with sautéed onions and bacon. Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Serve immediately.