- 1 lb skirt steak, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 onion. halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups of beef stock
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon each, Salt and Fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Ciabatta bread sliced and toasted
- 4–6 slices of provolone cheese
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onions and peppers to the dutch oven. Cook until they start to soften.
- Add steak to the dutch oven, stir, and cook until steak is about half way done. Steak and peppers will given out a nice amount of juice.
- Add salt, pepper and thyme. Mix well.
- Add stock, bay leaf, Worcestershire, and soy sauce.Bring to a boil, reduced heat to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Divide soup among oven-save bowls. Place toasted slices of bread on top, and top with two slices of cheese ( more if you prefer).
- Place under broiler until the cheese is melty and beginning to brown.
- Serve immediately.