- 12 no boil lasagna noodles
- 1 pound bacon, diced and cooked crisp
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large onions, onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 head cabbage shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 cups warm garlic mashed potatoes, store-bought or homemade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp, set side., reserving 2 tablespoons bacon grease.
- Add onions, and cabbage to bacon grease and saute 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Place 3 noodles on bottom of prepared baking dish. Spread 1/3 of cabbage mixture mixture over noodles, then top with 1/3 of garlic mashed potatoes. Repeat layers until a total of 4 layers of noodles and 3 layers of potato mixture have been placed (with a layer of noodles on top). Top with remaining sauteed cabbage and onions.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 35 to 45 minutes, or until heated through.