- 40 Saltine Crackers
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 bags (12-ounces each) white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon oil (I used coconut but any oil will do)
- 1 bag (5-ounces) dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios ,chopped
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and grease with cooking spray.
- Arrange the saltines, in a single layer; set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine butter and light brown sugar; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is melted.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; continue to cook, stirring until it turns a caramel color; about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and pour over the crackers.
- The crackers will start to move around slightly but you can push them back into place.
- Bake in 400* 4 to 5 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly.Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place chocolate chips and oil in a microwave proof bowl.
- Microwave in minute intervals until the mixture is just melted. Remove from the microwave and continue stirring until all the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour half of the melted chocolate over the crackers and smoothing with an offset spatula. Let stand 1 minute.
- Pour the rest of the melted chocolate over the first layer and smooth it out again using an offset spatula.
- Add pistachios and dried cranberries on top. Press down slightly to make sure the adhere to the chocolate.
- Place in the freezer or refrigerator until solid and cold. The freezer will work faster.
- Break up into pieces.
Keywords: dried cranberries, saltine crackers, toffee, white chocolate, dessert