Pomegranate Chicken with walnuts and sage.
- 1 1/2 pounds thin boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts finely ground
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage chopped —divided
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils reserving 2 tablespoons fro garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Mix flour, walnuts, 1 teaspoon sage, and garlic pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken breast in flour walnut mixture. Sauté chicken until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from skillet and keep warm. In the same skillet sauté garlic until fragrant. Add white wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the pomegranate juice, and the remaining teaspoon of sage. Bring to a boil and reduce until thickened. Remove from heat and add butter and pomegranate arils. Swirl the butter to melt.
- To serve, place chicken breast on plate or on top of rice, couscous, or quinoa, Top with sauce and fresh pomegranate arils.
Arils are the name for the Pomegranate Seeds.
Keywords: pomegranate, sage, walnuts, boneless skinless chicken breast