- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, julienned
- 1–5 ounce container fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Layer potatoes in slightly overlapping concentric circles on bottom and upsides of plate the pie plate. Cut slices in half to fit around the sides of the pie plate. Spray layered potatoes with more cooking spray. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes,until potatoes are just tender.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add oil, onion, sun-dried tomatoes and saute for about 3 minutes. Add spinach, saute until spinach just starts to wilt. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine half and half along with the next 5 ingredients. Whisk until well blended. Arrange spinach mixture over potato crust, then pour egg mixture over spinach. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Bake for 35 minutes or until egg mixture is set. Let stand 5 minutes. Garnish with additional goat cheese if desired. Cut into 8 wedges.