- 1 – 12 ounce loaf of your favorite Italian bread
- 1 – 3 ounce package proscuitto
- 1 – 6 ounce package of mix Italian meats (salami, capocollo, calabrese) your choice
- 12 – 14 slices Tomato
- 12 – 14 slices Fresh Mozzarella
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Italian Oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Mix ingredients for Italian oil and set aside.
- Slice loaf of bread in half horizontally. Spread each side of bread with oil mixture.
- The layer 1/2 spinach, 1/2 cheese, meats, basil, tomatoes, remaining cheese, and remaining, spinach.
- Drizzle oil mixture on each layer as you build the sandwich.
- Place top on sandwich and press down. Wrap sandwich tightly in plastic wrap, then in tin foil. Making the sandwich on the plastic wrap makes it easier to wrap.
- Place sandwich on a plate or small cookie sheet. Lay a weight (I used a 5 pound bag of flour) on top of sandwich and refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap, slice and enjoy!
Keywords: Pressed Sandwich, Italian bread, prosciutto, salami, capocollo, calabrese, tomato, fresh mozzarella, spinach, basil, olive oil