Sandwich on a slice!
- Pizza Dough
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 cups of bread flour
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Slaw Mix
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup julienne carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste 1/2 teaspoon each mustard and celery seeds
- 1 recipe pizza dough
- 1 recipe cabbage slaw
- 1 – 1 pound package of Jack Daniels Pulled Pork ( in the meat section of your grocery store)
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions
- 3/4 – 1 cup six cheese Italian shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Place warm water in a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, sprinkle with yeast and sugar and stir. Let it rest for about 10 minutes, the mixture will be bubbly and foamy.
- If using a stand mixer ( which I did) with the hook attachment on start on slow speed and add olive oil and salt, mix it for about 1 minute and start adding the flour. If mixing by hand mix with a wooden spoon.
- After all the flour is incorporated let your stand mixer knead the dough for you, about 10 minutes this dough will be elastic and slightly sticky. If kneading by hand, use a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl turning the dough so all surfaces are greased.
- Cover your bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let it rise until double in size, about 30 minutes.
- Punch down the dough and shape into a pizza!
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until emulsified.
- Cabbage Slaw:
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Top with dressing.
- Preheat oven ot 425*
- Shape pizza dough. I used a cast iron skillet but you can use a pizza stone or cookie sheet. Brush with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Heat pulled pork.
- Remove pizza crust from oven and top with heat pork and cabbage slaw. Top with red onions and cheese.
- Return to oven for 20 minutes or until the crust is done and the cheese is melted and turning brown.
- Remove from oven, garnish with cilantro, slice and serve!