- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 -28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeded and finely minced
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 c granulated white sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- juice of freshly squeezed lemon
- 1/8 -1/4 t red pepper flakes
- 1/8 t kosher salt
- 1/8 t ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large deep skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce to an simmer and cook until thick and syrupy (about 45 minutes).
- The jam will thicken as it cools. Will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Keywords: condiment, spicy, sweet, red pepper, snack, appetizer, tomato