- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 2 Bosc pears,cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Honey Balsamic Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Place 2 tablespoons butter in a 8×8 inch baking dish. Place in oven to melt butter. Remove core from pears halves using a melon baller or a small spoon.
- Place pears cut side down in the melted butter and bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar,return to oven for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let set until room temperature. Do not remove the pears from the baking dish until completely cooled.
- Divide the mixed green among 4 plates. Top greens with one pear half,skin side up. Sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese and walnuts.
- Serve with Honey Balsamic Dressing
Keywords: baby greens, pears, gorgonzola cheese, slaw, side dish, walnuts