- 1–12 ounce package Pepperidge Farm Jewish Rye Party Bread
- 1 cup corned beef, chopped
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup beer
- 1/4 cup 1000 Island Dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet gherkin pickles
- Preheat oven ot 400*
- Trim the crust from the rye bread and using a rolling pin, roll each slice as thin as possible.
- Place rolled bread on a cookie sheet and spray with non stick spray. Bake in preheated oven for 7-10 minutes or until browned and crispy. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile place shredded swiss cheese in a plastic baggie and add cornstarch, shake to coat cheese. Pour beer into a small saucepan, warm the beer but do not bring to a boil. Add cheese/cornstarch mixture in small batches, continually stirring. It will be a big glob of cheese, but keep stirring, it will melt. If sauce is too thick add beer until desired consistency. Stir in mustard, keep warm.
- To assemble nachos heap toasted bread onto a cookie sheet or baking dish. Place corned beef around the outer edge of the bread. Top bread with sauerkraut, and pour cheese sauce over top. Place under broiler for a few minutes to warm the corned beef and melt the cheese into the dish.
- Remove from broiler and garnish with 1000 Island dressing and pickles.