- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Caramel Layer
- 1–11 ounce bag of Kraft Caramel Bits
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Chocolate layer
- • 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- • 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla, flour and salt and mix until well combined. (you can also use a hand mixer or mix by hand)
- Turn dough onto a lightly flour surface.
- Roll dough to ½ inch thick.
- With a round cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350* F 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Melt caramel bits according to package directions with cream. Spread over cooled cookies. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening, stirring until melted and smooth. Spread over the tops of cooled caramel.
- Let chocolate set slightly and sprinkle with additional sea salt.