- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 egg
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup red pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- ciabatta buns
- shredded spinach
- sliced tomato
- Creamy Cajun Sauce
- Divide the shrimp in half.
- Coarsely chop one half, place in large bowl and set aside.
- Put remaining half in a food processor and puree.
- Add egg, shallot, cilantro, jalapeño and garlic to processor and process until smooth.
- Add Panko crumbs and process again.
- Transfer contents of food processor to bowl with shrimp and add red pepper, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Form burgers and chill for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Fry the shrimp burgers until golden, about 3 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve on ciabatta buns with shredded spinach, tomato and top with creamy cajun sauce.
Four servings is a small burger, we made two serving for a large burger