Spicy & Sweet Chicken Recipe
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs pounds chicken breast, thighs, or wings
- Marinade –
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated and peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable/any neutral flavor oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 3–4 stalks of scallions, chopped (optional)
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (optional)
- Lime wedges, serve on side
- Wash and thoroughly dry the chicken pieces using a paper towel.
- In a large non-reactive bowl add all the ingredients for the marinade and mix well till they are well combined. Place the chicken pieces and marinade in a plastic storage bag toss to coat chicken with the marinade. Let the chicken marinate for minimum 30-45minutes at room temperature or in refrigerator overnight. Toss the chicken at-least once while marinating.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a baking-dish just large enough to hold the chicken place the marinated chicken pieces in a single layer along with all the marinade. Bake until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thick, 40-55minutes. Flip the chicken 1-2 times while baking to ensure even baking.
- Once done take out the chicken on serving platter, sprinkle with topping and serve immediately.