- 4 cod filets, boneless and skinless
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 ciabatta buns, toasted
- 1 small english cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of black sesame seeds if desired
- Mix cucumber, sugar , salt, and vinegar in a medium bowl. Add sesame seeds if using. Toss to coat and toss occasionally until ready to serve. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheet non-stick cooking spray
- Place panko crumbs on a paper plate.(easier clean up)
- Pat cod filets dry and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and sriracha together until well blended.
- In an oven proof skillet over medium heat melt coconut oil.
- Spread sriracha sauce over both sides of each piece of cod. Place each filet into the panko crumbs pressing lightly to coat.
- Place each piece of fish into skillet and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy. Turn each piece carefully. Place skillet in preheated oven and bake for 10-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filet, until opaque all the way through and easily flaked with a fork.
- To serve, place one cod filet on each of the bottom of toasted ciabatta buns. Top with cucumber mixture, and place bun top over cucumbers to form a sandwich.