- 1 16 ounce package gnocchi (in the pasta aisle)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed and chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 cup baby peas, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup cream
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.Salt water and add the gnocchi,cook for 3 minutes or as directed on the package. Drain and rinse gnocchi and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes until shallots are translucent.
- Add the asparagus and cook for 5-6 minutes until asparagus is tender crisp.
- Remove asparagus mixture from skillet to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium high heat melt the remaining coconut oil and the butter. Add the cooked gnocchi, and cook until gnocchi begin to brown 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the asparagus mixture, the peas, red pepper flakes,lemon juice and cream to the gnocchi in the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes until peas are heated through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.