- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 chunks
- 1 large fresh pineapple, cut into 1½ inch chunks
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1½ inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1½ inch pieces
- 12 strips of thick applewood smoked bacon
- FOR SAUCE:
- 1½ cups pineapple juice
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Pinch of red pepper flakes or to taste.
- 6 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for several hours.
- To make the sauce: Combine cornstarch and brown sugar in a large sauce pan, whisk until combined. Add remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes or until thickened. Set-aside until ready to use.
- Begin with a pieces of bacon and weave around each piece of chicken and pineapple, then place the bell pepper and onion together and weave the bacon around both of those. Continue weaving until you have 4 pieces of chicken on each kabob. Spray kabobs with non stick cooking spray ( I use coconut oil spray)
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Grill the kabobs for 10-15, turning a couple of times, until done.
- Brush with sauce during the last few minutes of grilling.
- Serve with remaining sauce and steamed rice.