- 1 pound package potato gnocchi
- 1 pound very coarsely ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeño. minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder, more if you like it spicier
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt & black pepper
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn, canned or frozen
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Cilantro and green onion for garnish
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat, cook your ground beef with the onion, garlic, jalapeño,cumin, dried oregano, chipotle powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the can of Rotel tomatoes to the cooked beef drained pinto beans, corn, and tomato paste and cooked gnocchi. Continue cooking until almost all of the liquid is gone.
- Top with pepper jack cheese and place under the broiler to melt and slightly brown the cheese.
- Garnish with cilantro and green onion.