- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil oil
- 2 slices applewood smoke bacon cut into small pieces
- 1/2 head cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red pepper
- 1/4 cup carrots
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. (I buy mine frozen in a steam-able bag at my local grocery store.)
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove, reserving the bacon fat. Add cabbage, red pepper, and carrots cooking until cabbage is limp.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet. Add quinoa, and raise heat to high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until quinoa is toasted and crispy, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add chickpeas, snow peas, bacon,lemon zest and juice, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in dill.