- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 – 5 ounce can albacore tuna in olive oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons onion, diced small
- 2 tablespoons celery, diced small
- 2 tablespoons pickle, diced small
- 2 hard cooked egg, diced
- 2 tablespoons Miracle whip
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- For the tuna salad:
- In a medium bowl combine tuna, onion, and the next 6 ingredients. Mix gently to combine, Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the parmesan cheese, Panko crumbs, and softened butter, mixing well.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spray a small baking dish (large enough to hold the 4 tomatoes) with nonstick cooking spray. Core tomatoes and cut into 6th careful not to cut entirely through. Pre lightly to open the tomatoes slightly. Place tomatoes in prepared baking dish.
- Divide the tuna salad between the tomatoes. Top with the cheese Panko mixture, dividing evenly.
- Place under preheated broiler until the cheese Panko mixture is browned, about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve immediately.