- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2/3 of a cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 small jar triple berry jam/preserves
- 1/2 pint each blackberries and raspberries, macerated with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Oat Crumble Topping:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray the inside bundt pan with baking spray and dust with flour.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- Using the paddle attachment of your stand mixer,beat the butter and sugar at medium speed until it is light and fluffy. Reduce the speed to low and add egg yolks. Continue to beat until the mixture is smooth, scraping down the bowl as necessary. And then add the whole eggs, one at a time, making sure each is incorporated before adding the next.
- Keeping the mixer on low and add half of the flour mixture. Mix to combine. Add buttermilk mixing until just combined and then add the remaining flour. Scraping bowl if necessary. Mix until it is just combined. Scrape down the bowl and then add the vanilla extract. With mixer on medium and mix for about 30 seconds, until the batter is smooth.
- Scoop a heaping cup of the batter into the bundt and smooth it evenly into the bottom of the pan. With a teaspoon, make a little trench in the batter and spoon in the jam. Add the remaining batter. Using a long toothpick or skewer, carefully give the batter a little swirl. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the cake is a golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool the cake for about 30 minutes and then turn the pan out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Oat Topping:
- Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and pinch with your fingers to blend the ingredients and break into small pieces. Sprinkle the mixture over a baking sheet and bake in the heated oven for 5-10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet.
- To serve, place fresh fruit and oat topping on top of called bundt. Serve with ice cream or whipped topping if desired.
Keywords: cake, bake, bundt cake, berries, buttermilk, dessert