- For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- For the Mascarpone Filling:
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 1 – 8 ounce container mascarpone cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ cup lemon curd
- 1 zest from half a lemon
- 2–3 teaspoons lemon juice (optional, to taste)
- For the Berry Topping: Note: use whatever berries you like best
- 1/2 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced or halved
- ½ pint raspberries
- 1/2 pint blackberries
- Mint leaves for garnish
- For the crust (you’ll need a 9½-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom):
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 350°F
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, the salt, sugar and melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Place the crumbs into the tart pan and evenly spread the crumbs so that they cover the bottom of the pan and sides. Press down on the bottom firmly to make a compact layer. Use your fingers to pinch and press some of the crumbs around the inside edge of the pan to cover the sides evenly and create a rim about a ¼ inch thick. Bake the crust until it’s golden brown and smells nutty, about 10 minutes. Set the baked crust on a rack and let cool. Note: The crust can be made up to a day ahead and stored at room temperature, wrapped well in plastic.
- For the Lemon Mascarpone filling:
- Beat the cream and cream cheese together on high speed with a hand mixer or a stand mixer until soft and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the softened mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar and beat on medium speed until mixed well (don’t over-beat, mascarpone can separate). Add the lemon curd and lemon zest and mix on low until just combined. Taste and if you want more tartness, add the lemon juice.
- Pour the cream mixture into the cooled tart crust and level it with an offset spatula or butter knife. Chill for at least 3 hours (overnight is fine too). Top the tart with the berries and garnish with mint leaves if desired. Serve chilled.