- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 – 5oz. package 50% less sugar dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse whole almonds until they are very finely chopped. Pour them into a large bowl. Add slivered almond to the bowl.
- Pour the oats, cranberries, salt, and brown sugar into the bowl with the almonds and stir to combine.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine honey and coconut oil, and heat for 40 seconds. Stir to dissolve the coconut oil, and add the vanilla and almond extract.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oats, and stir so that they are evenly coated.
- Pour the oats evenly onto a parchment lined baking sheet (helpful if it has sides).
- Bake the oats for 5 minutes, and then stir them around. Return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Pour the granola and onto a piece of parchment paper to cool. Spread it out into a thin layer.
- After it cools completely, break the granola into clusters and store in an airtight container.