- 1–15oz can Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1–15oz can Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Ciabatta Rolls, split and toasted
- Red Onion slices and leaf lettuce
- Basil Mayo – see recipe
- Bruschetta – see recipe
- In a food processor, combine both beans, garlic, rosemary, and panko crumbs. Pulse until smooth. Add egg and pulse until combined. (If you do not have a food processor you can mash the beans with a potato masher or forks and add remaining ingredients.) Shape into 4 burgers.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook burgers until they are heated through, about 4 minutes per side until golden brown. They should reach an internal temperature of 145*.
- To assemble burgers, spread bottom of each bun with 2 teaspoons of the basil mayo. Place the burger on top of the mayo, add lettuce and onion slice, top with the bruschetta mixture and top of bun.
Keywords: garbanzo beans, northern beans, garlic, rosemary, panko crumbs, tomato, onion, burger, vegetarian