- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
- 3 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- Tortilla Strip for garnish
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to pan. Add squash; sauté 8 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides. Remove squash from pan; set aside.
- Add garlic, onion, and next 7 ingredients to pan; sauté 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add stock; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Place 1 can beans in a bowl; mash with a potato masher or a fork. Add mashed beans, remaining 1 can beans, and reserved squash to pan. Cook 3 minutes. Stir in chicken; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Garnish with cilantro and tortilla strips.
You can use left over turkey intros recipe in place of the rotisserie chicken .