- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 2 ounces frozen baby shrimp, thawed and chopped, fine
- 2 cups from a bagged coleslaw mix 3 carrots, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, minced 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms, minced
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots, minced
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, minced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, drained, and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Rice Wine
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons each shredded carrots and green onions for garnish
- 1/2 – 12 ounce package of won ton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400* Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut won ton wrappers in half and place on prepared baking sheets and spray with non stick cooking spray. Place in oven for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat a wok or large sauté pan over high heat. Add peanut oil.
- Add the sausage and cook over medium high heat until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger,mushrooms, bamboo shoot, and water chestnut. I used a small food processor to minced the garlic, ginger,mushrooms, bamboo shoot, and water chestnuts. Stir-fry for 2 minute or until vegetables are softened.
- Add coleslaw mix, sprouts, and shrimp, stir fry until cabbage begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice wine, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, salt/pepper. Continue to stir-fry for another minute.
- Remove from heat.
- I have two methods for serving:
- Place baked wonton chips on a decorative serving platter. Spoon a heaping teaspoon of egg roll mixture on each wonton. Garnish with shredded carrots and green onions. Drizzle with Chili Sauce.
- Place all of the egg roll mixture in a serving dish, and garnish with shredded carrots and green onion. Serve with wonton chips and Chili Sauce on the side.
Keywords: sausage, egg roll wrapper, shrimp, cole slaw mix mushrooms, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Asian, appetizer