- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1½ cups flour
- 2¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split in half and seeds scraped out
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 vanilla bean, split in half and seeds scraped out
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat donut pan generously with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and 1/2 vanilla bean scraped, mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Fill donut tins dividing batter equally between them. Bake 15-20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, salt, 1 tablespoon milk, and vanilla until smooth. If it’s too thick for a glaze, add the extra teaspoon of milk.
- Once the donuts are completely cool, dip the tops of each doughnut into the glaze and let the excess drip off. Let the glaze harden before serving. Store in an airtight container.
Keywords: breakfast, donut, easy, baked, vanilla,