- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 10 ounce package Hershey’s Sea Salt Caramel Chips
- 1–11 ounce bag Kraft Caramel bits
- Extra sea salt for garnish – I used Pink Himalayan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheets with parchment paper 2
- In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a stand alone mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or with a hand held mixer, cream together butter and granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add vanilla,then add eggs one at a time and mix, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- With the mixer on low-speed, slowly add the bowl of dry ingredients and mix just until dough comes together.
- Mix in Sea Salt Caramel Chips. Place dough in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Using a small ice cream scoop portion scoops of batter onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Baking time will depend on oven and how large or small you scoop your cookies. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes than transfer to cooling rack.
- Melt caramel bits using about half of the water on the package directions. You want to be able to drizzle, but not run all over. Garnish with salt.
The amount of cookies in the recipe depends on the size of cookie you make.