Tasty treat for any party!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chiles, I use canned
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely crushed corn tortilla chips
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce (from 10 ounce can)
- 1 – 10 ounce can enchilada sauce – I used medium but use whatever heat level suits you
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 cup shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- Heat oven to 400*
- In a large bowl combine the first 8 ingredients. Mix well.
- Form into 1 1/2 inch balls. you should get about 20-24. Place meatballs on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or line the sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Pour a thin layer of the remaining sauce on the bottom of a 9 3/4 X 9 3/4 X 2 inch baking dish. Make sure the dish is large enough so the meatballs are in a single layer. Place cooked meatball on top of the sauce. Pour the remaining sauce over the meatballs sprinkle with1/4 cup cilantro. Top with cheese and bake in same 400* oven for 10-15 minutes until the sauce is hot and bubbly and the cheese is starting to brown.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro.
This makes about 20-24 meatballs.
Keywords: enchilada sauce, ground chicken, corn tortilla chips, cilantro, cheese