Well if you are a Football fan……..I am not………shhhh…don’t tell anyone. But Tim…….all I can say is if it’s about sports he’s about it. I don’t know about sports, but I do know what to serve to those who are…….Chicken Enchilada Meatballs of course. I mean it really is the best of two things that I love, Mexican food and Meatballs. With all the upcoming games you really must have those go to party foods. Bonus for these since they are made with ground chicken they are much healthier that the traditional BBQ kind.
I hope the turkey’s don’t hear this but I think ground chicken is a million times tastier that ground turkey ……..well on the other hand maybe they will be glad…..lol.Print
Chicken Enchilada Meatballs
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
Tasty treat for any party!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chiles, I use canned
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely crushed corn tortilla chips
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce (from 10 ounce can)
- 1 – 10 ounce can enchilada sauce – I used medium but use whatever heat level suits you
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 cup shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- Heat oven to 400*
- In a large bowl combine the first 8 ingredients. Mix well.
- Form into 1 1/2 inch balls. you should get about 20-24. Place meatballs on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or line the sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Pour a thin layer of the remaining sauce on the bottom of a 9 3/4 X 9 3/4 X 2 inch baking dish. Make sure the dish is large enough so the meatballs are in a single layer. Place cooked meatball on top of the sauce. Pour the remaining sauce over the meatballs sprinkle with1/4 cup cilantro. Top with cheese and bake in same 400* oven for 10-15 minutes until the sauce is hot and bubbly and the cheese is starting to brown.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro.
This makes about 20-24 meatballs.
Keywords: enchilada sauce, ground chicken, corn tortilla chips, cilantro, cheese
These meatballs are easy to prepare, can be made ahead of time and thrown in the oven just before game time. You can control the spiciness by which sauce you buy. Don’t forget to make our Cheesy Onion Dip for game day too!!
2 thoughts on “Chicken Enchilada Meatballs”
Going to the store now…. To buy ingredients. Can’t wait to try some of your amazing recipes. Xo
It makes me happy that people like you are trying my recipes. Thank you for your support!