Happy New Year!!
So…….it’s snowing……..again. Well I guess that’s winter in the midwest and I have no where to be….oh that magic feeling ( Beatles reference ).
When I started this venture I didn’t realize how obsessed I would be…….I want it to be perfect (type A girl). And there is soooooo much to learn. So as I move forward I hope you will all stick with me as I venture forward in 2014. So one of my co-workers ask for an onion dip recipe that I have been making and reworking for years. I love sweet onions and the addition of swiss cheese….well need I say more. This recipe is easy to resize for a crowd although my version is just enough for two.So I hope this is the recipe you wanted me to post Mindy……..enjoy!
Hot cheesy, oniony, gooey, goodness.
- 1 cup chopped sweet onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip ( you can use mayo if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Place in a 2 cup baking dish sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Serve with corn chips or crackers.