- 1 pound pasta (any small/short pasta will do)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked bacon, crumbled (reserve several tablespoons for garnish)
- 1– 8 ounce bottle ranch dressing
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives, for garnish
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions until al dente. Drain, rinse with cool water and transfer to large serving bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat avocado oil. Season chicken tenders liberally with salt and pepper and cook until golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Set aside to cool slightly then chop into bite size pieces.
- Add chicken, bacon, green onions and 1/2 bottle of dressing to the pasta and toss until well combined. Place in the refrigerator for several hours for the flavor to meld together ( can be made a day ahead).
- To serve toss the other half of the dressing into the salad and garnish with chives.