- Juice of 2 limes
- 1tablespoon chopped chipotles in adobo sauce (see Tips)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt 1 small head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans,reserve 2 tablespoons juice, drain and rinse beans
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons prepared salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup crumbled cojita cheese
- Sliced regular or red cabbage, fresh cilantro, for serving
- Avocado optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Combine lime juice, chipotles to taste, honey, garlic and salt in a blender.Process until mostly smooth.
- Place cauliflower in a large ziplock bag, add the sauce, seal the bag, turning the bag over and over to coat cauliflower with sauce.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle sliced red onion on top. Roast, stirring once, until the cauliflower is tender and browned in spots, 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl place drain black beans and reserved juice and smash lightly leaving some beans whole. Stir the red onion, prepared salsa, and cumin into black beans, season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat in microwave until warm, about t 1 minute.
- Warm tortillas over open flame on a gas stove or in a large skillet.
- To serve in warmed tortilla layer black beans, roasted cauliflower and top with cabbage, cheese, and cilantro.