- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Dried cranberries, sliced almonds and turbinado sugar for garnish, if desired
- Cream butter, almond butter, and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg, vanilla, almond extract, milk, baking soda, and salt and mix until well combined.
- Add flour and mix until dough just comes together. Stir dried cranberries and sliced almonds.
- Using an ice cream scoop (your choice of size) scoop cookie dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Press each scoop down slightly and top with dried cranberries, almonds and a sprinkle of turbinado sugar if desired.
- Place cookie sheet in the refrigerator and chill the dough 2- 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake 11-14 minutes. I baked mine a little longer as they were fairly thick. Cool about 5 minutes and then remove from cookie sheets.
- Store in an airtight container. They may also be frozen.
Number of cookies depends on the size of scoop you use.