1 – 7.5 box Edamame Spaghetti
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, divided
2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
Juice of 1 lime
1 –12-ounce package of frozen jumbo shrimp, thawed, shelled and deveined
1 large carrot, spiralized or cut julienne
1 cup sugar snap peas, halved if large
1 cup frozen edamame, thawed
1 1/2 cups colored peppers, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot of water, cook the edamame spaghetti to the package instructions.
- While the spaghetti cooks, in a large wok or saute pan, heat half of the sesame oil and half of the avocado oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and stir fry until just opaque. Remove from wok to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining oils to the wok then add the carrot, peppers, minced garlic clove, and freshly grated ginger. Saute until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir in the soy, rice wine vinegar, and lime juice.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti and add to the wok along with the shrimp and thawed edamame. Toss coat all ingredients with the sauce.
- Season with the crushed red pepper flakes, white and black sesame seeds. Toss again.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, garnishing with green onions and cilantro if desired.
Keywords: edamame noodles, shrimp, peppers, edamame, sugar snap peas, stir fry, gluten-free, lower carb, high protein