- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 – 4 tablespoons milk
- Bring the water, butter, sugar, and salt to a brisk boil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stir in the flour all at once and continue stirring until the flour is completely incorporate. Keep stirring over medium-high heat.
- When you see a thin film start to coat the bottom of the pan, the batter is ready. Transfer the dough to the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Mix on low speed for a minute to help it cool.
- Add eggs one at a time medium speed making sure each egg is completely incorporated before adding the next.
- Add egg whites a bit at a time until the dough becomes smooth,glossy, and still holds shape.
- Transfer the dough to a large pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 360*
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit in the inside of the basket of the air fryer. You will need 3-4 pieces cut the same size. Spray each pieces with non-stick cooking spray. Pipe crullers(circle shape) onto each pieces of parchment. I was able to place 4 on each pieces. This will depend on the size of your basket.
- Lightly spray the tops of the crullers with cooking spray. Place in the air fryer for about 15 minutes or until they are golden and spring back when light pressed. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Allow the crullers to cool to the touch, then dip in a glaze made of powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.
- Place on a cooling rack to allow excess glaze to drip off. Let the glaze set and enjoy!